Southwest Airlines has just announced 5 new non-stop routes starting this November!
Southwest Airlines announced on Tuesday that they would be adding 5 new non-stop routes beginning November 6, 2016. The new routes are:
- Baltimore (BWI) – San Jose (SJC) – 1 daily roundtrip flight
- Washington Reagan National (DCA) – Providence (PVD) – 2 daily roundtrip flights
- Washington Dulles (IAD) – Orlando (MCO) – 1 daily roundtrip flight
- Kansas City (MCI) – San Antonio (SAT) – 1 daily roundtrip flight
- San Jose (SJC) – Salt Lake City (SLC) – 2 daily roundtrip flights
Per Southwest Airlines, these routes have been added for the following reasons:
- Baltimore/Washington-San Jose, CA nonstop service will complement our four other nonstop transcon California markets from BWI—Oakland, Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego.
- A new double-daily nonstop between Washington/Reagan and Providence answers our Customer’s requests for a connection between our Nation’s capital and New England.
- The double-daily nonstop between San Jose, CA and Salt Lake City links the original Silicon Valley with an emerging one in the Utah mountains, and a new daily nonstop between Kansas City and San Antonio offers great connectivity on both ends!
While I think realistically that Southwest is just adjusting their routing due to seasonality, I always like seeing new routes being opened up.
Although I am not a Southwest flyer, new routes are always a good thing for the consumer as they help to keep costs on any given route in line. I am still waiting to hear the announcement from Southwest though that they will be adding service to Hawaii, which I think is coming soon!
What is your favorite Southwest route?
Be sure you get all the latest content from the Jet Set Blog first by entering your e-mail address in the upper right hand corner of this page! Also be sure to like the Points Jet Setter on Facebook and follow @ThePointsJetSet on Twitter!